Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Sunday, January 7, 2018

A Mixed Media Tag for the BEST-est Friend EVER!



Hello Peeps and welcome to my first post in 2018 and a brand new Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations, where it is always Anything Goes except a card and you use a stencil, ANY stencil.  Here is my creation for this month... you can probably tell that I LOVE Valentines Day... Smile.

I created this tag for a dear friend and I am still swooning over the results.  Who knew you could get gritty texture AND a glossy, shimmery metallic background on the same bit of paper?


It is so yummy that it makes me drool!!

I will give you a tiny peek at how I created this bit of loveliness, but you really must come back for my tutorial this month to see more. (Oh My... it's just like a movie preview!)
The grit comes from using Snowflake Paste through a stencil.


It dries surprisingly quickly with a wonderful, ice-like glitter - hence the "Snowflake" handle.



I used my Pebeo glass paints to create the shimmery, metallic background. (Who says you can only use glass paints on glass?)

The hardest part of the entire making was having to WAIT for the paints to swirl and merge as they dried. I  have learned from experience that if you don't want to end up with an icky mess you really cannot hurry this process... Walk Away, Lynne, Walk AWAY! (grin)
And I finally created a project worthy of inking up my brand new STAMPlorations stamp - It's All About You, (the only red rubber stamp in the store).  And here it is one more time:
And for those of you that need to know, here are all the products I used...
So I hope this little project of mine inspires you to go play with your stencils mixed media style, and if it does please do link up your projects to this month's Mixed Media Challenge.  You have until the last day of the month and there are prizes!!  Go HERE for all the details....

As always thank you for popping by to see what I am up to and please do leave me a comment if you like what you see!
Lynne Mizera
for the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team
 


STAMPlorations Products Used:
(Use this coupon for 20% off and don't forget you receive this discount even if the item is on sale and there is a BIG Sale going on right now!)




Hearts All Over-Mini
It's All About You

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning and what a fabulous effect. Yummy, shiny, fabulous and creative x Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an extravagant tag! I was wondering what snowflake paste was - now I know - and I'm sure I need it! Wishing you a fabulous 2018, Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne, Happy New Year. Love this. Did you use gold paint on top of the hearts or is that just the texture paste. Great idea with the glass paints. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Gail!! and yes, I used my precious Golden gold fluid acrylic paint on the hearts... thank you for stopping by and always leaving me a comment!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.