Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Sisterhood Of Snarky Stampers Challenge #87 - "A" Is For ARTY!

Hello and Happy Saturday everyone! Today I am sharing the card I created for The Sisterhood Of Snarky Stampers Challenge #87 - "A" Is For ARTY... create something using Mixed Media Techniques.  Now isn't THAT right up my alley?  Here is the card I created... 
I made this card for an amazing woman who I truly believe really can Conquer the World! She is a talented card maker and an inspirational blogger - Ms. Darnell Knauss of djkardcreations.com (you should really checkout her blog!!) and this creation is now winging its way across the Canadian border to her home in California, USA.
The colorful background was made using Dylusion sprays on 130lbs watercolor paper and I used pearl modelling cream by Viva through a stencil to give me all that lovely texture.
I stamped, painted and paper pieced the Prima Doll stamp "Swing Dress" which I fussy cut and attached to my mixed media background using foam tape.
The saying is from my collection of Dyan Reaveley quotes (Oooh How I LOVE how that woman's brain works!) and I then mounted the completed panel on some white card stock to create the card.  Definitely a labour of love for a very special lady! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARNELL!
Hope your day is as Wonderful As YOU

So come and join us over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers to see what my team mates created and why not consider linking up your own mixed  media creation?  You have until July 7th 11:59 pm Eastern standard time to link up.  We always choose a Queen of Snark and her Princesses and there is blog candy to be had.

Thanks for stopping by to see my creation today... and please do leave me a comment if you like what  you are seeing!!

Lynne Mizera,
For the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Design Team




 

 

9 comments:

  1. What an awesome card for an awesome lady. So much technique went into this card, and that lady is gorgeous. Love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this bright vibrant colorful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I'm sure Darnell will love it. And thanks for the reminder, I've not sent her card yet!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty! Wish I could make gorgeous things like this, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mixed media as always. I aspire to be like you! It is beautiful and I bet she loves the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card for Darnell! More to the point, a great card period. :D I love the colours and all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant love the dress

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantabulous project sistah!
    I knew YOU would rock this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just opened the envelope, Lynne, and I have to say the computer doesn't do this work of art justice! There is an EXPLOSION of color and detail that took my breath away! Your talent leaves me in awe, me with my OLCs that take five minutes, haha! This beauty looks amazing in the Playhouse! Thank you so, so much for remembering me and showcasing me and the vibrant card you made for me! MWAH!! Lots of hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.