Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Things With Wings - Week 3, A 25-Day Blog Hop and Linky Party Over at STAMPlorations

Hello Everyone!  I am here today to share my project for the third week of the STAMPlorations' 25 day Blog Hop and Linky Party "Things With Wings" .. Are you playing yet? (Smile).  Here is my project ...
A lovely card for spring which I created using the Fluttering Zen 2 layering dies, the Sweet Spring Wishes phrase dies and the Stitched Winter Landscape die... and then I created the matching envelope! 
This card was so easy to create using three sets of dies from STAMPlorations all mounted on a piece of patterned paper.  When I glued down the butterflies, I only added adhesive to the body of the die allowing those lacy wings to lift and flutter...
I also used a white gel pen to accent the stitched line in the CUTplorations Stitched Winter Landscape die as well as some Ranger Glossy Accents and Stickles to add some shimmer.  But I think it's the envelope that takes this project to the next level and wait until you see how easy it is to make!
You start with the stencil created by the solid butterfly shape I cut for my card... I used a heavy card stock so the stencil is quite sturdy.
I cut an envelope out using  my Making Memories Envelope Punch Board (which I LOVE by the way) and then used a sticky note to block off the space where I will write the address.  (Note: I am sure you can use this same process on a pre-made envelope.)
Then using my distress inks through the stencil I pounced on butterfly images randomly all over the envelope starting with the lightest color of ink and moving on to the darkest.
I kept my ink coverage nice and light, allowing the colors to show through from beneath and rotated the stencil so it looked like the  butterflies were arriving from every direction.
And finally I folded up the envelope and used a coordinating marker to outline the address square... now wasn't that easy?

So are you playing yet?  Have you been hopping and commenting? Or have you created something to share and linked it up yet?  Pop over to the "Things With Wings" blog post to see all the details and if nothing else do leave a comment along the way because there are some wonderful prizes to be won!
Prizes:
- (3) randomly drawn winners from all comments left on the STAMP blog and participating designers blog will each receive a $10 gift certificate to the store
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive Trendy Butterflies 2 + either Flutter Zen 1 or Flutter Zen 2 layering dies
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive Sweet Spring Wishes stamp set + Dragonfly layering dies
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive the Trendy Spring Blooms dies
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive the Sweet Spring Wishes phrase dies
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive a $20 gift certificate to the store.
Thank you for popping in today and don't forget to leave me a comment if you like what you see!

Lynne Mizera, Mixed Media Artist
for the STAMPlorations Design Team

Use my personal discount code over at STAMPLorations to receive 20% off your entire order, even sale items!  stampgirllynne
   
STAMPlorations Products Used on the Project:
CUTplorations Stitched Winter Landscape
CUTplorations Fluttering Zen 2
CUTplorations Sweet Spring Wishes
Other products used on this project:
Ranger Stickles
Ranger Mini Distress Inks
Sakura Gelly Roll White Gel Pen

8 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your card and envelope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mail art envelope and card! gorgeous!! xo cheetarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are so pretty bUT am really inspired by how you made the second card - very inspirational:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card and envelope is SO cool! I love them! I wish you a very nice weekend.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! Love that you decorated the envelope too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Those butterflies are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.