Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Things With Wings - Week 2 - A 25 Day Blog Hop and Linky Party Over At STAMPlorations

Happy Day and Happy Spring everyone... I am here today to share my second project in STAMPlorations' 25 day Blog Hop and Linky Party "Things With Wings" .. Are you playing yet? (Smile).  Here is my project ...
I decorated this inexpensive chipboard frame using the ARTplorations Flow stencil and the CUTplorations Fluttering Zen 2 Layering Dies and turned it into something worthy to house a photo of my recently departed fur baby - Emma.  I think these products more than did her justice, don't you?
I painted the cardboard frame with a coat of white gesso and then used my Inka Gold paints through the ARTplorations Flow Stencil layering the colors Old Silver, Greeny Gold and Apricot. Once the paints had dried I buffed them with a soft cloth until they shimmered.
I cut the colored butterflies from 100lbs watercolor paper that I had colored using my Magenta Nuance pigment powders using my tabletop die cutting machine, the Quickutz Revolution... (sorry it is no longer being  made) and those lacy butterflies cut beautifully and popped right out of the paper - I didn't even need a shim!
I coated each die cut butterfly in a layer of glossy ModPodge and allowed them to dry on my non-stick craft mat... now they were sturdy enough to mount onto the frame.  I used CTMH Liquid Glass along the body of the butterflies as my adhesive, which allowed me to drop in a few jewels before it dried, and left the butterfly wings free but secure.
I added the sentiment "hello Sunshine" from the CUTplorations Sweet Spring Wishes phrase die set and of course covered it with more CTMH Liquid Glass for that sparkle.  I just love this lovely tribute to our Emma who we had with us for 14 wonderful years... Happy Sigh.

So Are you playing yet?  Pop over to the "Things With Wings" blog post to see all the details and to leave a comment ... there are some wonderful prizes to be won!

Prizes:
- (3) randomly drawn winners from all comments left on the STAMP blog and participating designers blog will each receive a $10 gift certificate to the store
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive Trendy Butterflies 2 + either Flutter Zen 1 or Flutter Zen 2 layering dies
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive Sweet Spring Wishes stamp set + Dragonfly layering dies
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive the Trendy Spring Blooms dies
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive the Sweet Spring Wishes phrase dies
- (1) randomly drawn participant in the Things with Wings Spring linky party will receive a $20 gift certificate to the store.
Thank you for popping in today and don't forget to leave me a comment if you like what you see!

Lynne Mizera, Mixed Media Artist
for the STAMPlorations Design Team
  
STAMPlorations Products Used on the Project:
Sweet Spring Sayings Word Dies

Flutter Zen 2 Die

Other Products Used:
Viva Decor Inka Gold Paints
 -Apricot
 -Greeny Yellow
 -Old Silver
Art Basics Heavy Gesso
Close To My Heart Liquid Glass
 







 

9 comments:

  1. This is so sweet--a perfect tribute to Emma. Your attention to detail every step of the way is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tribute, Lynne, and what a wonderful photo of Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is awesome - love the design and the tribute is so lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful frame :) So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you knew I would leave a comment on this, as it brought tears to me.
    Very nice!
    Valarie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures of Emma are so cute.

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous. I love the cute image and beautiful colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful memorial frame you made for your sweet little Emma. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project and tribute! The butterflies are lovely! Sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.