Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

"Love Is..." Creating In My Journal When Spring Is In The Air

Hello and Happy Stencil Sunday everyone!  Yup, it's that time of month again over at STAMPlorations when I create something using an ARTplorations stencil to inspire you.  April being such a beautiful time of year here in the Creston Valley of British Columbia, Canada that it inspires me and here is what I created for my project this week:

I decided to play in my really big art journal and using only the new ARTplorations Mask Two Feathers and my Dylusions paint in Bubble Gum, Lemon Zest and Squeezed Orange I created this spectacular background.  
I used Dyan Reaveley's technique of applying the paint with a small, round sponge applicator and layered the colors over top of each other starting with the lightest and ending with the darkest, moving the Two Feathers mask around and applying the paint at random on all or portions of the mask.  I thing the secret was to not over think the process and just have fun with the paint.
Next I did something really crazy... Grin... I copied these hummingbirds from my new Somerset Studio coloring book (the Art is by Crystal Brashear) and pasted them onto my journal pages.  
Using copies made on my home printer allows me to have these images to color over and over again!  I pasted them on with some matte ModPodge which accepted the color from my Peerless watercolors beautifully.
Now isn't that a wonderful way to use some of your coloring pages?
 
I added this wonderful quote I found by Robert A. Heinlein that really resonates with me right now and then I finished off the spread using another new STAMPlorations product the Bold Sentiments-Hashtag Authentic stamp set. 

I hope my little art journal project help to ignite your inspiration and if they do don't forget to link up to the STAMPlorations Monthly Mixed Media Challenge where it is always anything mixed media goes as long as you use a stencil - and there are prizes!

Prizes: $15 gift certificate OR choice of any 2 ARTplorations stencils to the winner
choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil to the top picks

Thanks for popping by today to see what I am up to and please do leave me a comment if you like what you are seeing!
Lynne Mizera, Mixed Media Artist
for the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team

Use my personal discount code over at STAMPLorations to receive 20% off your entire order, even sale items!  stampgirllynne

STAMPLorations products used on this project :
Stamp: Bold Sentiments - Hashtag Authentic
ARTplorations Mask: Two Feathers
Other Products Used on this project:
Ranger Dylusions Paint
Ranger Distress Ink
Mod Podge - Matte
Peerless Watercolor sheets
Posca Acrylic Paint pens
Sharpie Black Fine Tip Marker

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous work! i adore the bright colors and those birds from your coloring book are stunning! thanks for the inspiration
    hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning background! Like a night sky engulfed in flames... The birds look beautiful against these hot colours, it's a gorgeous page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.