Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

A Wonderful Autumn Inspired Canvas for A September "Stencil Sunday"

Happy Sunday everyone!  Today is the day we the mixed media team over at STAMPlorations share some mixed media inspiration showcasing our ARTplorations stencils and stamps.
I have created this wonderful little board canvas using only one stencil, one stamp, one set of sentiments and bits and pieces from around my studio.

It all came together quite quickly by following these few simple steps which  I am going to share with you right now... Smile.
Inky paper towels on a piece of cardboard is where I started...
When working in a space this small I use only one stencil image, in this case the ARTplorations Feathers and Arrows Stencil, but different colored mediums layered over top.  Allow each layer to dry before adding the next colored medium.
When I had enough feathers (and they had dried) I sprayed a paper towel with some dye ink and then gently rubbed it over the entire surface and then wiped off the excess... this brings all those colors and textures together.
Next I added some tactile ephemera to the outside edges of my piece keeping the centre clear for my image and sentiment.  You would think at this point I would know what that was... but I really didn't! 
I chose this bird image from the STAMPlorations Trendy Birds 2 stamp because I love the subtle-ness of the pattern and I stamped it in a blue pigment ink so it wouldn't run when I glued it on. I actually cut it out, mounted it on some book paper and cut it out again with a bit of a halo... this made it stand out from the busy mixed media background.
I added my sentiment by stamping onto white tissue paper, cutting it out and adhering it to the piece using a glossy gel medium... (mod podge mixed with water also works well.)  I find that this technique works best with the lumpy, bumpy background of a mixed media piece.


And finally I mounted the finished piece on a board canvas covered in dictionary paper with the world "Fly" visible in the border, which I think made this totally Gift-worthy.  What do you think?
Here is a photo of the products I used on this canvas except as well as my Liquitex glossy liquid medium... which I used as an adhesive.
Well that's my project for this Sunday... I hope it helped to inspire you to try something a bit inky and messy this week and if so please do consider linking it up to our ARTplorations Mixed Media Challenge this month where it is always Anything Goes except a card! (and you have to use a stencil...Smile)

Lynne Mizera, Mixed Media Artist
for the ARTplorations Design Team






STAMPlorations Products used on this project:
   
ARTplorations Arrows and Feathers stencil - Large


STAMPlorations Trendy Birds 2



STAMPlorations Bold Sentiments-Create














1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.