Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Home Is Where You Plant Your Flower Seeds...

Hello Everybody!  Today I am here sharing my second post for the Susan Weckesser Creative Team over at the My Sweet Earth Blog where our theme for the month is Home Sweet Home. Now Homes have been in my mind a lot this year as Mr. Awesome and I moved across provinces into what we are calling our "Forever Home" as we prepare for retirement.  And this week my daughter and her family have finally been able to return to their home in Fort McMurray, Alberta, 86 days after the mandatory evacuation of their city due to an out-of-control wild fire.  So like I said, "What Does Home Mean to Me?" has been a question in my mind a LOT this year.  But it is this quote from the Susan Weckesser's
What's Up Gnomey stamp set that says it all for me:

"A Home Is Where You Plant Your Flower Seeds"
And with those words echoing in my head as I sat at my work desk looking out at my beautiful new garden, I created this wee diorama that for me says it better than words ever could.

I used the Susan K. Weckesser Live in Color Paper Collection and my new Tim Holtz Sizzix House Dies #660992 and #661196 to create the house, and then I stamped and colored and fussy cut the Susan Weckesser/Unity stamp sets Create Your Day and Grandma's Needlepoint and used these to embellish and decorate my wee home.  Then I went a bit crazy adding anything and everything to my Garden... Who KNEW you could have this much fun with a glue gun? (smile). Here is a photo of my garden which inspired me and a bit of a photo tutorial showing my creative process:


I started with this house I created using the Sizzix dies and Susan's Paper

I filled a page of heavy cardstock with stamped images...
and them cut then all out.
I created the base out of some packing material using sprays and some moss adn then sealed it with a waterproof sealer.

and then using a hot glue gun I assembled...
I glued two wee girls to a bamboo stick so you could see them from both sides...

and did the same for the sun and the cloud. And then I embellished... (notice the stone path made from tiny pebbles?)
And Embellished ...
... and Embellished




did you notice the lace curtains in some of the windows?


Thank you for taking the time to stop in today to see what I am up to and I hope I have helped to  inspire you to create something that expresses what "Home" means for you - Have a Joyful Day! (and please do leave me a comment if you like what you are seeing.)

Scrapbooking Artist, Lynne Mizera

Susan K. Weckesser products I used in this project:
Create Your Day

Grandma's Needlepoint
Live In Color Card Stock

Color Burst Card Stock

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Dies I used:
BIGZ XL Die #660992
BIGZ Die #661196 
My Favorite Canadian On-Line Store for Sizzix Products:
Stitch In The Ditch Quilt Store 
Go HERE for Sizzix products and video How To's for assembling the house










2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic project! I adore that little house - even just on its own! I'll see if I can find a cut file for my Cameo. Love how you decorated it and filled your virtual garden with flowers. Love your real garden too - that willow tree is awe inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a little while to comment as I wanted to appreciate all the fabulous detail on your amazing project. You really look like you had fun. Your attention to detail is staggering and yes I did notice the lace curtains, fabulous! Inspiration comes from everywhere, so thank you for the story associated with your extremely creative project. A real stunner and thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.