Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A Sweet Altered Art Project using Mixed Media

Hello Everyone and Happy, Happy month of March!  I am loving the month of March here in my new home of Creston, BC as Spring has Sprung and it has arrived a full two months earlier than I used to experience in Cremona, Alberta - just LOOK at my crocuses!
This month over at  "My Sweet Earth" the theme for the Susan K. Weckesser design team is "Mixed Media Mania" where we get to showcase our interpretation of a mixed media project and Anything Goes!  I am excited to be sharing with you a piece of altered art I created from an inexpensive 8x8 inch framed mirror I purchased from Ikea for only $5.

Creating the background was an easy 3-step process:

1. Pick your favorite stencil and apply texture paste using a pallet knife.
2. Once paste has dried paint with a coat or two of thick Gesso.
3. Once Gesso has dried, add color... I used my Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze and Ranger Distress Stain and let the liquid color flow into the cracks and crevices... using a paper towel to dab away any excess... in this case - less is MORE!
Once the Background was done I had a blank canvas to enhance any way I liked and I fussy cut out all my favorite flowers from Susan K. Weckesser paper "Live in Color" and "Bouquet".  I applied these cutouts using Mod Podge and added one more coat of glossy Mod Podge over the entire project for protection and bit of shininess.
It now resides in my new bathroom along side of the clock I altered a few years ago and it adds just the right amount of bright and happy colour I need to start my day every morning... besides my reflection in the 4x4 inch mirror makes me look so SMALL! Grin

So I hope you enjoyed my Sweet Altered Mirror and I do hope it inspires you to use some of you stash to turn something ordinary into something EXTRA-ordinary. And for those of you that are interested go HERE to see the blog post and "how to" for that clock!

As always, THANK YOU for taking the time to pop on by to see what I am up to and please DO leave me a comment if you like what you are seeing!
Scrapbook Lynne Mizera
for the Susan K. Weckesser Design Team


Products used for this project:
Susan K. Weckesser Live in Color cardstock
Ikea wooden frame (8x8)
The Crafter's Workshop Mini Cell Theory stencil
Golden modelling paste
Ranger Distress Stain - Broken China
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze - Blue Oasis & Emerald Cove
Plaid Mod Podge
Daler & Rowney Acrylic Gesso


1 comment:

  1. Love your altered mirror and clock! So fun! Will brighten up any spot in your house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.