Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Sometimes It IS All About the Packaging...

Happy, Happy Day everyone!  Today I am sharing the project I created for my Susan Weckesser design team post.  Our theme for December is "Sharing the Love" as we kick off the 2015 Christmas Love Campaign, something Susan started after the loss of her Dad a few years ago, where you create something (Anything) and gift it to someone (Anyone, even a stranger) for not reason at all except to share the love.  
I LOVE the whole concept of this idea and a what a wonderful tribute from Susan to honour her Dad.  This year I am making cookies and squares and pickles and gifting them in these little canvas bags.  Seriously, How Cute Are They?
I picked them up at my local Dollar Store for very little money and using the following techniques I am showing below, they were surprisingly Quick and Easy to alter.  Here are the steps in my my process, I hope you enjoy the following photo tutorial...


 Using Ranger's Distress Paints and Stains I quickly colored in the background of the bags... once dry the paint provides a protective barrier which helps prevent my inks from bleeding.
I stamped my images using Stayzon black ink as it is waterproof when dried, and I used my heat gun to hurry up that process ... Smile.
Once everything was dried I pulled out my collection of Rangers Stickles and Liquid Pearls and used them to fill in my images...
Before Outlining
After Outlining
Now one of the tricks to this technique is once the stickles and liquid pearls have dried, use a fine tipped black pen or marker to outline your images and re-define the stamped lines, this makes them pop.
Before Outlining
After Outlining

I use a Sharpie Ultra Fine Black marker because it goes over everything and is waterproof once dried.  So, that's! I recommend making a whole bunch at once since it helps you remain patient while they are drying (grin).  

As Always... Thank you for popping by to see what I am up to and please do leave me a comment if you like what you are seeing, I read every single one and try to reply right back. Wishing you a Happy DAAAY!


Lynne Mizera

NOTE:  You can find out more about the 2015 Christmas Love Campaign HERE.
Products I used on this project:
Susan K. Weckesser/Unity Stamps "Sail Away" and "Tumbleweed Houses" 
Craft Decor DIY 10"x6" Canvas Bag 
Ranger Distress Paints
Ranger Distress Stains
Ranger Stickles & Liquid Pearls
Stayzon Ink
Sharpie Ultra Fine Black Pen

2 comments:

  1. what a cute idea and you are right, sometimes it is all about the packaging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute project! I thought these bags were bigger until you put them next to the distress paints. The size makes them even cuter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.