Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Saturday, November 14, 2015

"Y" is for YODEL... Another Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge

Hello and Happy Day Everyone!  Today is Challenge #47 for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and I am sharing my creations for "Y" is for YODEL, Yes YODEL... Grin.  I thought this was going to be a tough one but once I got started it was so much fun that I went and created two cards, both featuring Unity Stamps by Heidi Grace Kress
Firstly I want to share this sweet and sparkly card using Heidi Grace Kress's stamp set called  "She Always Knew"  and I also used one of my very favorite background stamps from Unity Stamps called "Half of Her Doily":

I inked the background stamp with Tsuniko's Kolaidescope Ink pad

and used my portable typerwriter from 1945 (a SUPER Find at my local antique shop) to type out this groaner of a knock, knock joke!  But WAIT... inside I am going to write:


"Good Friends laugh at your bad jokes, but BEST friends Yodel right along with you!"

(too true right?)  And then I was on such a roll that I created this SECOND card using another stamp set by Heidi Grace Kress called "You Are Cute" and some blackboard stickers I found at my LDS (local dollar store) and my gel pens. 
(And for those of you that want to know I used my Derwent Inktense sticks to paint these images and then fussy cut them out and added foam pop dots to adhere them to the card fronts.)
 I like to use my Derwent inktense sticks instead of watercolor because the colors are so intense and because, once dry, they do not bleed or run or wash away when I apply wet stuff overtop... 

So If I can make two cards why don't YOU give it a try?  Just create something with a YODEL/Music theme and link it up over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Blog... You have until November 27th and we always pick a QUEEN of Snark and at least one Princess... Come ON...Smile... Wanna PLAY??

Thanks for popping by today and yes, Please do leave me a comment if you like what you are seeing!

Lynne Mizera
for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers

7 comments:

  1. Love those stick people and Lordy you fussy cut them! Both cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards, love those stick people, wow the fussy cutting there was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rocked this challenge in so many ways I can't even count them!! WAY TO GO SISTAH!!!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are utter brilliance, Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too stinkin' cute! BOTH of them. Love the stamps. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fun. Love your bright sketchy people on the black. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.