Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Jumping Aboard The *NBUS Wagon! (*Never Before Used Schtuff)

Today I am happy to be sharing a card I created for one reason only - well actually two, since I needed a birthday card for my BIL (Brother-In-Law).  But the MAIN reason I made this card is so I can participate in the djkardkreations NBUS Challenge #3.  

djkardkreations is a blog created and run by the lovely and effervescent Darnell who coined the term NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) when what she was bringing in was outweighing what she was using. And boy did that strike a nerve with us card makers and scrappers ALL OVER THE WORLD! Grin. But ANYWAY... her challenge is to create a card using stuff you have that you have never used before, that's it! and then link it up to her blog HERE


So ...Taaa Daaa... here is my card which I created for my BIL's Birthday and every single stamp on this card is (or was) Brand-Spanking-New! And not the kind of Brand Spanking New I-just-got-home-from-the-store new, but the kind of Brand Spanking New I-NEEDED-IT like four years ago, and I'm still waiting to use them - REALLY - four years ago!
But I really love how this card turned out...Now for those that want to know - I stamped each image on some 140lbs watercolor paper and re-discovered my Angora water color paints which I LOVE because they are so vibrant, yet water-colour-y... I then created a collage of the images around that wonderful saying of Van Gogh's "The way to know life is to love many things." Which so applies to my BIL who is a very outdoors-y woodsman type and loves all the things on this card. 
And even though it's a "BOY Card" it still got stickles and liquid pearl and liquid glass... but maybe a bit less (grin). I just love how this gentle water coloured card came together so quickly and yet is still a Manly card.  Because "Masculine Cards" can be so hard sometimes, can't they?

Darnell's NBUS Challenge #3 is on until January 22nd so why not whip something up, because not only do you get to use your schtuff, but she's giving away 10 $25 Gift Cards to Stamplorations, so it's a Win Win!

Thanks for popping in to see what I am up to today, and please do leave me a comment if you like what you are seeing!
Cheers
Scrapbook Lynne Mizera





10 comments:

  1. I love the texture of your card base! I've always admired people who can draw freehand lines as a border and make it look good, rather than, like me, look like a 2yr old has got hold of the pen! Good job! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOOVE this! Every part of it! The blog concept, the card, the STAMP SET!!! I am going to need to see that whole set, please! Thanks in advance. LOL ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kate Girl! I LOVE YOU! and you make me giggle... the Canadian "stamp set" are all wooden block stamps that I got out of a Micheal's $1 bin about 4 years ago! If I see them again I'll snag you a bunch... but you know how that goes - soyou might just have to come VISIT and stamp a bunch of images! Grin Thanks for being such a loyal follower Girl!!!

      Delete
  3. I think this is lovely. Way to go on using the NBUS. Gotta love Darnell. She's such a generous funny lady. I love all the cute names she has for things. Her acronyms are becoming part of my vocabulary. I really like the fish. Very funky. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he he OMG!! I have those very SAME bear and Home and Native Land stamps LOL
    Fab job on the card...perfect for a BIL birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tooo funny Donna, and what I want to know is .... Have you Ever USED THEM? Grin

      Delete
  5. I thought I recognized those stamps! You did an amazing job with them -- awesome colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ermagerhd! I love, love, love everything about this. It's so folksy and woodsy and absolutely stunning. This is definitely going on my Pinterest board for future crafty inspiration! Funny story, I glanced at the sentiment and had to do a double-take because I read it as "Violent Van Gogh". I mean I know he took off his ear and all... but... ! HEHE it gave me a chuckle and reminded me that I should probably go find my glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynne, Lynne, Lynne! I actually had to go pull out my old table fan from men on pause days to cool down! Between this wonderful post and that comment you left me, you have me blushing and hot all over the place!! Thank you for all your wonderful enthusiasm, your kind words, and your support of my NBUS cause and challenge!! It means the world to me!!

    And, hello? This card is a masterpiece! I have the worst time trying to put more than one image on a card and you got all these cool stamps on there that make this card so personal for your BIL! Not only that, but you watercolored perfectly AND your doodled perfectly! Can you see me on my cranky knee bowing down in awe?!! You're the best! I hope to see you again soon!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still really like that fish. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.