Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

My Personal Art Journal - Part 3

This is the third installment of a journey into my Personal Art Journal and I am sharing a page that I created almost like a scrapbook page... well actually it created itself... I just came along for the ride - grin.
This part of my journey is called "No Man's Land" and creating this page helped me to realize that if you never allow yourself to grieve you end up in a place where you cannot go back but you cannot move forward either, so there you are... STUCK in No Man's Land...
I love that my hubby said, when he saw it, "It looks like a desert."  because that was how I felt about it all - Dry, Barren, Hot winds blowing across the prairies, and Alone... oh so Alone...

Fro those who need to know, I created the background using my Tim Holtz Distress stains in Broken China, Mustard Seed and Walnut Stain, and used my Tim Holtz Alpha Die Strip as a mask to break up the too intense colors.... I added torn paper, and finally got to use my Quickutz Tree with Crows Die that I bought EONS ago, because it just added to the overall desert feel.
I spent a lot of time with my black and white gel pens on this page, doodling and writing whatever came to me... not worrying about how it looked, only about how it felt... and when I was done it felt GOOD!

Thank you for stopping in to share this part of my journey with me and please do let me know what YOU think about all of this... smile
Scrapbook Lynne Mizera




2 comments:

  1. Great journal page...seems we do some awesome work when we just let it flow ! Great Job Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To grieve is to heal. Your pages are beautiful. I love the colours and a great idea with the alphastrip. This piece is very compelling. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.