Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My First Prima "Bloom Girl" and A Craft Stamper Challenge...

I am over-the-moon excited to share this project with all of you - my first attempt with a Prima Bloom Girl stamp by Jennie Dougherty using a twist on the "stamping on tissue" technique to create this mixed-media-on-cardboard gem...

The inspiration was provided by the September challenge over at CRAFT STAMPER... and the first place winner will be published in the UK's number one stamping magazine, so wish me LUCK!  But whether I win or not matters NOT, because just look at what I created in one glorious day of creativity! ... Happy Dance...
I used Golden acrylic paints and Liquitex light modeling paste colored with LuminArt Primary Elements powders smeared through my current favorite Dyan Reaveley Dylusions stencil - Small Bubbles - on a piece of 6x8 inch cardboard.  After everything had dried I sprayed the entire background with Perfect Pears Heirloom Gold Mist and dried it with my heat gun as it ran into the cracks and crevices.  This accented the texture and really made my bubbles pop.
Then I stamped my image on tissue paper using Ranger Archival Ink, because this ink won't run when it gets wet.  I applied my image to the textured background using Golden's Liquid Multi-Medium with a very light hand.  I find this product the one to use on tissue or napkins because it doesn't shred the material, and it takes paint and pen very nicely when it has dried.

I colored my image using Derwent Inktense sticks as paint, because - again - this product, once dried, will not run or transfer color when you layer more colors.  Now at this point, because I had lost some of the detail of my image, I stamped the image on tissue paper a second time and glued it overtop of my colored image to bring back the outline details.
Then I went to town with my Rangers Stickles and Liquid Pearl and accented everything to create texture and dimension... You could say that I painted her with Stickles... Grin.  I used my .3 Staedtler pigment liner to bring back any lines that were covered up, and my favorite Signo Uni-ball white gel pen to add highlights.  Two different Unity Stamp sets provided my sentiments, which I again stamped on tissue paper and adhered with Multi-Medium...



So shy not pop on over to the Craft Stamper September Challenge to see what everyone else has submitted and maybe consider joining in? 
Thanks for stopping by to see what I am up to today, and Wish me LUCK...Cheers!
Scrapbook Lynne Mizera

 











9 comments:

  1. You can stamp over your stamp? You are awesome! Love your project, this is my favorite Bloom girl so far. Good luck on your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those bright cheerful flowers! Thank you for joining us at Make it Take it challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love the bright colours they are fab. Thanks for sharing with us at the Take It Make It Challenge, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Love this ...... the colours are so vibrant and the background looks fab! Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project! Love the colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Take It Make It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorrrrgeous Lynne :-) Thanks for joining us over at the Take it Make it challenge xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS! So much detail to look at, I really love the way the heart is framing the pink dots! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge this month! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Lynne, you've coloured her beautifully, a great project. Thank you for joining us in the Craft Stamper Take it, Make it Challenge this month, good luck. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.