Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Drunken Stampers Challenge #137 - THING: Twine

Welcome Peeps - to the Drunken Stampers Challenge #137 - it's a THING this week and the thing is TWINE!  Create a card using Twine or string or hemp as an accent - THAT IT!  Then take a picture and post it to your blog and link up that post to OUR Drunken Stamper's Blog using the linky tool... YOU TO could be the winner of the coveted "Life of the Party" blinky!

Here is what I created for this challenge - and I am UBER excited about this card because I used a digital stamp from a little company I found on-line out of the UK, called HANDMADE HARBOURI LOVE their stuff and thanks to the amazingness of world wide web and Paypal I can easily shop in the UK with my payment being converted to Canadian $'s immdiately and I receive an e-mail right away so that I can download my digis right to my computer and print and color them immediately - I can also change these digital stamps to any size I need - I just pull the image into a Word doc and make it do whatever I want (Oh the POWER! grin)  If you haven't used digital stamps before you should really check them out. Handmade Harbour has a few freebies if you want to try them out. (and NO I don't work for them ... Grin.. But I would LOVE TO!!!)
Normally my product of choice for coloring stamps are my Copic markers but for these beach houses I used my teeny palette of water color paints because it gave the wood such a wonderfully weathered and beachy look. 

To create my "beach" I tore strips from some sand-colored paper and inked the edges and layered them, popping few pieces to give it some depth... Cool Huh?  And I colored the clothes on the line using my gel pens so they were brighter and newer looking than the beach houses. 
I already had some water colored looking blue-sky paper so I just painted in the sun behind the houses and drew a horizon line and added some birds with a black marker.  
And YES I cut out everything and popped it off the card because that's just what I do - smile.  I think the rope border just finishes it off beautifully and I may just mount this card on a canvas because I LOVE IT so much! Bigger Smile
So thanks again for stopping by and if you have time why not take part in this Challenge?  It's just TOOO FUN!
Cheers
Scrapbook Lynne Mizera

Codicil:  Since I scheduled this post I have been invited to join the first ever design team for Handmade Harbour... So now I DO work with them - Grin!!!



8 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous card Lynne! Love the beach scene you created! Makes me want to go there - now! Congrats also on your new DT status at Handmade Harbour!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really luvin' this piece! Cre8tive way you sed the twine, perfect. Congrats on the DT gig, can't wait to see more. First time here, going to follow you my dear~luv your enthusiasm and your style, hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, lots of fussy cutting. It is definately worth saving in a frame or on a canvas, proudly displayed. congrats on the DT status at Handmade Harbour. P.S. will work on a tutorial for the knot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fabulous I love the colours and how everything just 'pops'. I like t twine border gives it a real sea-side feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne, love the card and all the details- you really think things out and then execute them perfectly! The whole card makes me feel like I am on vacation at the seaside- awesome!
    And thank-really- thanks for introducing me to another place to spend my $$$$$$- really... thanks! I was having trouble finding things to spend $ on- and now- I MUST go check out Handmade Harbour. It is truly amazing how we can shop all over the world! Congrats for being on their DT- I kind of like the -if you think it- it will happen attitude---- go you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your water coloring and the little clothes on the line is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lynne, this is amazing! So much dimension, and what a wonderful scene :) Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done -- a little grovelling and you're on the design team! ;) No wonder with this beauty you created. And you're right, watercolours are perfect for this scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.