Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Give Your Best ANYWAY... (making my own patterned paper!)


 Hello Everyone!! This week I am so excited to share with you my first project for the Susan K. Weckesser design team.  But before I do I just want to say that I am Over-the-Moon about being here and I am also a wee bit nervous about this first post... but my mantra for 2013 is "Just DO it!" So here it is, for my first project I created my own original patterned paper using Susan's "Autumn Grunge" stamp set from Unity stamps.   


And this beautiful paper is the perfect background for a saying from Mother Teresa that came into my life a few months ago.  It was so timely and so powerful in my life that I wanted to have it somewhere I would be able to read it every day...


I used watercolor paints for this three-step, embossed-resist technique and the result are (if I do say so myself..) Spectacular! 
And although I used watercolor paints but you can use inks or sprays or gelatos for this process, which I have detailed on Susan's Blog "MY Sweet Earth" so why not stop by to see how to make your own patterned paper!



Thanks for stopping in to see what I'm up to these days....(smile)
Scrapbook Lynne











3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh... so pretty! I love the layering! Looking forward to you showing me this IN PERSON in just about A MONTH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Lynne! You have completely and utterly outdone yourself for your first post :) I love it!! Beautiful words, and a stunning background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. Love the saying too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.