Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Some Spring Sunshine... on a Canvas

For my blog post for myStamp Box this month I thought I would create a little sunshine as we longingly await the arrival of spring here in Alberta, snug up against the Rockies.  It has been a loooooong winter and we are more than ready for some beautiful Alberta blue sky and the sound of birds in the morning.

I had so much fun creating this little 6"x6" canvas that came together in less than two hours, and I used some pretty simple techniques that I am going to share with you now!  The background is an old paper towel I pulled out of the garbage that I had used to blot my blue/green watercolors, which I separated into two thin sheets, tore into strips and ten mod podged onto the canvas.  I cut out butterflies from the Little Yellow Bicycle's Bloom paper pack and stamped and cut out clouds and the sun and the sentiment from myStamp Box "Wishing you Sunshine" set, and I used mod podge both as a glue and a sealer once all was in place.  I popped the butterflies using foam tape and used yellow and diamond stickles right over top of the mod podge to add that little bit of glitter that I always seem to need.   And Now I have a little bit of sunshine hanging in my house as I wait for the arrival of Spring!  Why not pop on over to the myStamp Box blog and see what else you can make to welcome Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.