Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Cutest Quick & Easy Valentines EVER!


I LOVE Valentines day!  Not the romantic flowers & candy & if-you're-so-lucky-jewelery kinda day, but the celebration of love and kindness and little gestures that show a person they are important to you in some small way!  


When my kids were small I used to surprise them with a beautifully set Valentines day breakfast table and a card containing a personal message from me to them to start the day.  You THINK they know how much you love them, but I have discovered that the pretty table with a special card messages to each of them REALLY made a difference!  My 32 year old daughter told me a few years ago that THAT was one of her fondest childhood memories!


And when I was working in an office I would go in early and anonymously leave pretty little bundles of treats on people's desks.  You know people were happier all day just because someone cared enough to leave a bag of candy!  But really... WHO HAS TIME?  


Well I LOVE These Valentines Suckers because not only are they quick and easy, but they are a card and a treat all in one!  


All you need is something to cut out two-inch squares of paper (I used a paper trimmer, but a punch will work too) in as many different colors as you want and treat each square like a tiny, little card.  I really love "myStamp Box" stamp sets for this type of project and used quite a variety of them to create sentiments and decorations for these tiny valentines.  You can check out my post at the myStamp Box site to get a list of all the stamp sets that I used.


I layered, and used foam pop dots to add dimension and of course nothing I create is ever complete without some sparkle and I used Ranger's Stickles and Close to My Heart Liquid Glass for that.   And I finally got to use my itty, bitty heart punch that I found at a garage sale last year, but stickers would work just as well, as would some stick-on jewels. And I like to use a white gel pen to add faux stitching or a dot border to give that finished look.


These little cuties came together so quickly and looked so amazing that how can I NOT share!  


Now run out and buy a bag of lollipops and then go through your scrap stash with new eyes and blow the dust off those old punches! Whether you sit at the table with your kids or just create a few for those people you see EVERY DAY... have some fun with this great idea!   
And Happy Valentines Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.