Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

BE Where you ARE.... Otherwise you will MISS your life!

  
On this first day of 2013 I would like to share with you a little tradition that has developed in our home that has made a huge difference in my life and had an even bigger impact on my relationship with my life mate...

It’s kinda become a tradition in our home that on the morning of the last day of the year my partner and I curl up on the couch with a cup of coffee each and spend an hour reflecting upon the past year.  We review all our accomplishments, remember the good times, and then move on.  Sometimes we are in perfect sync and agree and laugh and enjoy the memories and sometimes not so much (grin) and we disagree and end up arguing like every other couple out there (Bigger grin) but we always make up by New Year’s Day morning when we sit down together to negotiate (yes, NEGOTIATE!) our list of priorities for the coming 12 months.   We NEVER make resolutions, we just jot down a list of five things we would like to accomplish inside the house and five more outside the house and number them from most important to “if we can get to it” and then we each list one thing we are going to work on in our relationship and that’s it.

It has been a pattern that we developed one New Year’s weekend when we were going through a bumpy patch and it stuck… it has been amazingly effective because it does not need to be revisited through the year But it has allowed us to start every year on the same page with a basic plan for the direction we would LIKE to head out.   

And I am always surprised by how much we actually get done on our list without very much effort and WAY LESS arguing!  Life happens, priorities change, but you know I have found that it is a lot easier to negotiate the detours on your life path when you actually HAVE a path. 


 Happy New Year to everyone!
















3 comments:

  1. I wish you a year full of success, love hope & happiness!! And a weekend with your brave girls from these parts!! Hope the holidays were wonderful. Looking forward to catching up soon!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you all the best in 2013! I hope your holidays were filled with joy and happiness.. Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best and happiest, fuzziest warmest hugs in 2013 Lynne! It is MY priority to see you in person this year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.